Electronic Design Services
Whether industrial, medical, or consumer in nature, your product may need to capture data, process information, and control responses. The Flat Earth team has years of experience integrating all types of inputs, including: radar, audio, FPGAs, GPS, IMU, and sensor data of all types. We also develop the embedded software you need to interface with other devices and systems, communicate with the outside world, run applications, and control motors, servos, and other electro-mechanical devices.
- Document requirements
- Produce high level partitioning and bock diagrams
- Identify and standardize key interfaces, data formats, and database structures
- Evaluate available 3rd party IP
- Analog/digital/optical and RF design
- Custom radar board layout
- Wireless systems, including Wi-Fi/WLAN (802.11), Bluetooth®, GPS, ZigBee®
- Power systems
- Electronic circuit design and schematic capture
- Board layout - mixed signal/high speed/high layer count (Altium®)
- Design for manufacturability/testability (DFM/DFT)
- Design for standards compliance (Safety, EMC/EMI)
Complex, multi-layer board design and layout capabilities; specializing in high-frequency microwave and Ultra-wideband (UWB) design, as well as high-speed digital design.
- Experience in mixed technology layout and usage of high-density interconnect (HDI) boards.
- Radar and communications applications with systems link budget analysis and design.
- Radar cross section (RCS) modeling and analysis.
In-house antenna design, simulation, test and manufacturing utilizing full 3D EM (Electromagnetic) synthesis and modeling.
- Rapid prototype-to-test iterative process for speed and optimization.
- Covering frequencies from Narrow-band antennas up to 24 GHz, to UWB (Ultra-wideband) antennas - specializing in the 3-10 GHz ISM band.
- Linear and planar antenna arrays for phased array and beamforming applications.
- Varying topologies, specializing in planar pcb and patch antennas for UWB and radar applications.
- Test instrumentation up to 20 GHz with Anechoic Chamber down to 300 MHz.
- Integrated radome housing design and manufacturing.
- Specification, architectural design, documentation
- Component selection
- Register-transfer-level (RTL) coding in VHDL
- High-Level control register definition with automatic rtl source code and html documentation generation
- Verification planning and test cases coded in VHDL
- Simulation, logic synthesis, placement and routing.
- Latency and Timing closure
- System software architecture
- Embedded real-time control
- Platform and device driver development (DSPs, USB, I2C, Ethernet, EEPROM, FLASH, ADC, DAC)
- Application development utilizing C. C++, C#, Python, MATLAB
- Signal processing algorithm development
- Machine learning algorithms
- FPGA system development
- Embedded development and low-level porting
- Linux development and expertise